Le blog de la Bergerie
These specific dispositions help us follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
They complete and perfect the virtues of those who receive them.
These are the seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit:
Wisdom - Understanding - Counsel - Fortitude - Knowledge - Piety - Fear of the Lord
The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are important for us because they help us:
- to make wise decisions about important matters,
- to understand the real meaning of life,
- to advise and help others to make the right decisions,
- to be strong to uphold and do what is right and to condemn and avoid what is wrong,
- to know the teaching of God and our true destiny,
- to give true worship and praise to God,
- to fear offending God who is our loving Father.
The Fruits of the Holy Spirit are the virtues produced in our lives when we exercise the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
There are twelve Fruits of the Holy Spirit:
Charity, Joy, Peace,
Patience, Kindness, Goodness,
Generosity, Gentleness, Faithfulness,
Modesty, Self-control and Chastity.
We will know we are producing these Fruits in our lives when we are:
loving, joyful, peaceful,
patient, kind, good,
generous, gentle, faithful, modest,
when we exercise self-control and when we are chaste and pure.
my own translation to French
Veni, Sancte Spiritus,
Holy Spirit, God of love,
Viens, Esprit Saint
I cannot stress enough how valuable this prayer is! again and again, for myself, for others, it is a complete and abundant blessing!